Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The "Plan"

This week I changed ob/gyn practices.  I met with a wonderful doctor, who really took my needs into consideration, and was just as serious about getting me pregnant as I am.  She wants day 21 progesterone levels and prolactin, day 3 fsh, estradiol, and thyroid levels. She also really wants Ry to go in for a semen analysis. If Ry's results come back normal we will start Clomid next cycle. The doctor wants to continue with the Clomid  for six months, if no results then we move on to a reproductive endrocrinologist. Her success rate is pretty good, she only has to refer 2/10 couples on to the RE. I am excited about this plan, but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up.  I really never thought we would need medical help to conceive, so I think that I am still dealing with this whole idea.

No comments: