Some of you may have heard recent news about changes that may be made in Ethiopia. MOWA has purposed to make some cuts that would reduce Ethiopia adoptions by 90%. Children would be stuck in the orphanages for years if this all comes to rule. Our hearts are heavy, and we feel quite unsettled right now. We aren't sure how this will all affect our adoption, but we know it is not the answer. We are asking for your help. Please pass this along, sign the petition, and let everyone know what they can do!
Here is what we ask you to do, this is from our agency.......
JCICS Call to Action
March 8, 2011
Joint Council: Emergency Campaign for Ethiopian Children
What You Can Do:
1) Sign the petition to the Prime Minister of Ethiopia, Meles Zenawi – and pass it on!
2) Have you adopted from Ethiopia? Please send us up to 3 photos and 50 words or less with what you would like the Ministry to know about your child – we’ll compile the information and send a book to the Ministry of Woman’s Affairs. Send your photos and stories to firstname.lastname@example.org bySunday, March 12, 2011 to be included. Please note that sending photos and stories gives Joint Council unrestricted right to use the information you provide.
3) Share…Please send this Call to Action to family members, other adoptive parents, and everyone you know! Post, forward and share your adoption stories via Facebook, Twitter, and blogs. Make sure you include us in your posts so we can all hear your stories! Here’s links to our pages: Facebook,Twitter and our our blog.
4) Stay informed: Get up-to-date information regarding the situation in Ethiopia by signing up to receive information from us: click here to do so, make sure you choose “country and issues specific information” and “Ethiopia.” And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and our our blog.
5) Help ensure our advocacy can continue: Joint Council is a non-profit and receives no government funding. Please join us in ensuring more children live in safe, permanent and loving families. Donatetoday!
Sorry I have been MIA for a while. Sometimes I make the blog world to high of a priority and I need to take a step back. I have been reading One Thousand Gifts and I don't want the book to end, I am reading it very slowly on purpose. I love the authors blog as well, just little reminders to be grateful for everyday.