Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Another step forward.


I had my first acupuncture appointment on Thursday. I really enjoyed myself and felt great afterwards. She treated me for a luteal phase defect and also knee pain that I have battled with for years. As soon as the needles were in, my knee almost went numb, it was so strange how it worked almost instantly. We discussed how long it would take to get a bun in the oven, she said about 3-6 months if it is going to work.  She is having me take traditional chinese herbs, omega-3, fiber, prenatals, vit b-6, and vit c, also no alcohol, no pop, no caffeine, and cut back on refined sugars. Gosh that is quite a list. If it works I would take double that amount. As for my acupuncture treatments I have to go in during the beginning of my cycle, as close to ovulation as possible and five days past ovulation. She also wants to supplement progesterone since I am quite deficient. I really like the whole philosophy of Eastern medicine of treating the whole person, not just a single problem-since everything is intertwined in the human body. I feel light and hopeful, I really think this is going to work.

No comments: