Saturday, November 8, 2008

Harsh reality.

I went to the doctor on Thursday and was faced with the reality that I have been denying, I have gained twenty pounds since last year. Just typing this is making me grind my teeth. At this time last year I was working nights, living off lean cuisines', espresso, and orange flavored trident. I always felt nauseous from the crazy schedule, so my diet was repulsive. No fruits, veggies, or health. When I found a new job during the day, my body grasped to every bit of sugar and fat, as if I was going to starve. Also the new job provides many naughty snacks. I knew I was gaining weight but I felt so unhealthy before, my clothes were hanging off me. Anyway my doctor wants me to lose ten pounds, good luck this time of year! Goodbye eggnog lattes, pumpkin cheesecake, and every other sinful holiday treat. Maybe if I get some self control we can meet again. My game plan is to cut my portions down, snack on fruits/veggies, and get more exercise. I will keep you all updated. Off to go out to dinner with friends-wish me luck.

No comments: